Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cyanidegatorade Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Must have made typo in password set up. Locked out of new pc

Hp 15 ay078
Purchased a new laptop and skipped making the MS email but created a password for my account.

When I booted up my pc later on I was greeted with an incorrect password message. I must have made a typo in the pw set up because it does not work.

I also didnt create a recovery disk because I had literally only used it for 30 mins before turning it off and this problem was the last thing I ever expected to happen.

There is only one account and it's the one that is locked. A to rendered a $600 purchase obsolete until I can fix it.

All help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
43828 3251 13550
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follow the procedure -"Recovery when Windows does not start correctly". This will restore the notebook to Factory setup to start over.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't get past the "select keyboard layout" because it requires a password of the account chosen.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43828 3251 13550
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your post is the second one recently where System Recovery asks for a password. Not sure what the heck is going on with that as you should not need a password. All I can suggest at this time is to call HP Support . They may be able to get you through this. If not they should sent out Recovery Media since you did not even have time to make yours. >>Contact HP

0 Kudos
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to finally reset the thing. What I did was hit shift over the restart option and it sent me to a page where I went to troubleshooting and followed the rest of the path that allowed me to do a system recovery.

Hitting f11 at start up and all the others kept requiring a password. Getting to the system recovery option through the troubleshooting page was the only one that did not require a password.

Thanks BTW, for chiming in. Much appreciated
Provost Provost
Provost
43828 3251 13550
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad you found a way around it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation