cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
caligurl Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Chromebook 14 wont connect to my wifi

My brand new chromebook will not connect to my wifi. I am stuck on the welcome screen and i cannot connect. It keeps telling me the wifi is "out of range" when im sitting next to the router. Ive already reset my router twice and shut the computer off neumerous amounts of times. HELP MEEEE PLEASE!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7336 6300 358 762
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Chromebook 14 wont connect to my wifi

Hello @caligurl,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how you are not able to connect to your Chromebook to your home network, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution!

Since you have reset the router on your network, suggest following this resource on Setting Up an Internet Connection on Your HP Chromebook or Chromebox. This should help to configure your computer to connect the Internet again. 

If the Chromebook will not connect to the network after following the resource above, I recommend following this document on Chromebook Locks Up or Freezes (Chrome OS). This should help prevent any performance issues contributing to a poor network connection.

If you are still not able to connect to the Internet, I recommend following this document on Performing a System Recovery on Your HP Chromebook (Chrome OS). This should help restore your system back to factory default settings. 

If the issue persists, I recommend contacting our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation