cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JF4202
Level 2
13 8 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

My Dv7 5th day Drama

HP Recommended

Pavilion DV7-6B56NR Running Windows 7 64bit 1TB HD 750gb

I was told by one out of the many HP tech support that i have spoken to in this last week that my problem may be within the bios itself. Right now my Bios is running Version F.1A, and he said that it should be Running Version F.1B now I am not nor claiming to be a Computer tech however in doing some Research, because now HP have me in coustomer self Resreach Mode. I came across Information about the BIOS Updates with HP Systems. The bios update it self and if during the update Process if interrupted you will have some issues with Recovery and this can and will, break the motherboard can be permanently damaged, leaving the computer unable to boot. My Question is if this be the case What do i do now? if this is my case with my Notebook.... seems to me that i am wasting time and days calling tech support when i Know that there is nothing i can do on my side. Only HP can fix this issue and i have warranty still for 1 more month every tech that i am speaking to offer deals and speicals on the 1 and 2 year warranty on every call i have made in this pass week but to no surprize any of them see my problem and given me proper details on what HP will do for me and my Notebook Time to speak up and stand frim with HP i think before my warranty runs out. and before it runs out Iwill be getting more warranty because i fear this issue will always happen to the notebook I've owned it under 1 year and this is the 3rd time same issue has happened to me...

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
JF4202
Author
Level 2
13 8 1 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion DV7-6B56NR Running Windows 7 64bit 1TB HD 750gb

0 Kudos
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,858
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's possible that this may just a problem with the recovery media.  If that is the case, here's an alternative option you could try to reinstall Windows 7.

Before trying the following, make sure you can still read the 25 Character Product Activation key on your Windows COA label ( 5 blocks of 5 alpha/numeric sets ).

An example of a COA Label can be seen Here.

You can create an installation disc yourself using another PC - just download the correct Disc Image ( this must be the exact same version that originally came with your notebook ) from the link below and use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO correctly to a blank DVD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  These Images are clean and from a well-respected source, however there are only limited versions available.

Windows-7 sp1-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit

Use the disc to perform the installation, enter the Windows activation key found on the COA Label when requested and when the installation has completed, use the 'Phone Method' detailed in the link below to activate the OS - this method supported by Microsoft and is popular with people who just want a clean installation of Windows 7 without the additional software load normally bundled with OEM installations.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

Any additional drivers and software you may need can be found Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

JF4202
Author
Level 2
13 8 1 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thank you Hp tech support problem is sloved sending my notebook in for repaires....
0 Kudos
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,858
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear it's being sorted out :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation