Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ANBrunner2014 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP 15-R029WM notebook won't turn on

HP 15-R029WM Notebook
So I used my laptop on Friday, and I went to turn it on today and it wouldn't come on. I charged it last night so I could use it for class today and it wouldn't turn on. I took the battery out for 5-7 minutes, put it back in and tried to turn it on. Nothing happened . I plugged it up to the charger and let it charge and tried, nothing. I just got this laptop for Christmas and haven't had any other problems with it! I need help because I have class work due tonight! Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1506 80 315
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

Firstly remove all sources of power ( Adaptor & battery )  next hold down the power button ( do not release ) for 30 seconds .  Next connect the AC adaptor only and see if your machine will boot up .

Let me know your findings  

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay last night I left it plugged up for like an hour, and it was fully charged the entire time it was plugged in. I came back like a hour later and it turned on. So I used it and don't shut it down I left it in sleep mode so it would for sure turn on this morning for clas . It won't turn on again. I took the battery, and ac adapter out and held down the power button for 30 seconds. Hooked it all back up and nothing happened.
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1506 80 315
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi
You say you hooked it all backup again did you install the battery ??
If so go through the process again but this time leave the battery out of the machine . If you did leave the battery disconnected and it still will not start up can I suggest as it's a new machine you contact HP support in your local region and they will organise a repair for you .

Checkurtech
0 Kudos
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I redid the steps leaving the battery out, and nothing happened still
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1506 80 315
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi
Is the machine receiving power from the adaptor ? Any lights on the unit to say power is attached ? If so you will have to contact HP support for a full diagnosis and possible repair to be carried out as your still well within warranty .

Checkurtech
0 Kudos
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, the fully charged light is on. The power on light doesn't come on when I press the power button.
0 Kudos
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Again, it started this morning then I walked to class which took maybe 15 minutes. I come in the classroom and it won't turn on. The power light on the side is flashing, but it won't turn on
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1506 80 315
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi
At this point you should really speak to HP Support in your local region , your Warranty is valid and you will be talked through a diagnostic first with a technician then a repair will be organised . There is not alot else I can do via posts for you so HP support is the way forward .

Checkurtech
0 Kudos
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a number I could call to talk to them?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation