cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

My HP G62 Won't Turn On All The Way

HP Recommended

Recently the battery on my HP laptop (with Windows 7) has pretty much died and I keep it plugged in at all times.  It also has been freezing up once in a while when playing a video game or a video.  But since yesterday it won't even turn on all the way.  When I open it up the background image is fully loaded on the screen and my cursor works, but nothing else is there.  It doesn't even ask me for the password to sign in before it goes to the background.  When I push the power button it goes off, but then just does the same thing all over again.  Is there anyway to fix this?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,824
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Tap away at f8 as you start the notebook to enter Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select 'Start using Last Known Good Configuration' and hit enter.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing is happening when I hi the f8 key.  Could this be frozen too?

0 Kudos
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,824
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you don't already have one, create a Windows 7 Recovery CD.  Download the relevant ISO from the links below.  Make sure you download the correct version for the operating system you have installed.

Windows 7 32bit

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD.  Once created, or if you already have this, insert the CD and restart to boot from it.  Select the Repair option.

When you get to the Recovery Options, select 'Start up Repair' and see if this helps the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.  My laptop was only three months old.  Turns out my hard drive had to be replaced and all my data was lost (4,000) pictures. I'm so not happy with this laptop and honestly, I'm worried that more problems are just around the corner!   Sounds like these G62 are all duds from what I have been reading!!!

Shannon

0 Kudos
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yep mine sucks I won't buy another hp with all the problems I have had it's just not right the battery went at six months and it wasn't covered so we just plug it in and now it doesn't even boot up ... I feel as if I have tried everything, except for calling and paying someone to help me NOT fix the problem ... I fell into that trap with my dell computer that's why we choose the hp because we love the printers ...
0 Kudos
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yep mine sucks I won't buy another hp with all the problems I have had it's just not right the battery went at six months and it wasn't covered so we just plug it in and now it doesn't even boot up ... I feel as if I have tried everything, except for calling and paying someone to help me NOT fix the problem ... I fell into that trap with my dell computer that's why we choose the hp because we love the printers ...
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation