Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
craj4u Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP PAVILLION D5 hard disk motor not working

HP Pavillion d5
Microsoft Windows Vista
My hard disk stopped working after making some abnormal sound while i was working in my laptop. Lateron it was found that the motor of the hard disk was disturbing. Can i replace that motor because i want to recover my all important datas within that hard disk. Please suggest some solution.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
14031 1327 3147
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP PAVILLION D5 hard disk motor not working

craj4u

Sorry, NO -- you can not replace the motor in a hard drive.

While you COULD have that done at a commercial drive repair facility, prices will start around $1000 USD! I know because I had a drive fail a while back and that's the cheapest price I could find.

The drive has to be disassembled in a clean-room environment -- and those cost a lot to maintain.

You would need to replace the drive, and if it will not spin up anymore, then sorry, there is no way to recover data from the drive other than using the commercial drive repair facilities.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation