Note on archived topics.
04-11-2017 01:10 PM
My HP Pavilion 17 Notebook with Windows 10 installed is running so slow that I am reverting to using my 12-yearold comouter with Windows 7. WHY is it consistently running slow?? I am trying to do some online banking, and it takes 15 minutes to load the site. It took a good 20 minutes to load the HP help site. I just about cannot check my email, it is SO SLOW. Please make a suggestion.
04-12-2017 12:27 PM - edited 04-12-2017 12:49 PM
Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very Good Day to you. :) Hope you are doing well. :) I understand that you need assistance with performance issues of the computer that is extremely slow. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.
You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.
Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. :) You’ve done some smart and awesome diagnosis also. Kudos to you for that. :)
For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a windows 10 or software update?
- Did you run hardware diagnostics on the computer to ensure that there is no hardware failure?
- Is it slow only on the internet or while working with other applications as well?
- For a start please run the complete system diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 and follow the option “Run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more)”. Once these tests complete please run the component tests also.
- If any component fails it displays a failure code. Please make a note of it and you will need to contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced.
If all diagnostics pass and if the overall performance of the computer is sluggish, then please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04770630
to try and correct the situation.
If the issue is with slow internet then please perform all the prescribed steps: http://support.hp.com/in-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/8667045/document/c0346088...
Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply. Please perform all the steps diligently and patiently as this should do the trick for you.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :) Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. :)
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. :)
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee