Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Dv7-3065dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Recently my HP Pavilion Dv7 has been having issues playing HD Videos online, my screen freezes and makes a sudden buzzing sound. On 5/21/2017 I ran a Windows diagnostic and discovered it was a ram issue. Now, this computer is 7 almost 8 years old, and has been running like new since I got it, and suddenly develops this ram issue. When I watch blurays on it (Bluray included) it runs fine, but go to youtube or anything else and it freezes and buzzes. I did get a BSOD that had a NTOSKernel but I fixed it with my USB install drive. My previous HP an old HP G6 from 2005 had issues with the HP Support assistant that resembled it. But mine is being considered an actual ram issue. If i run graphically intense programs for my graphics card it has issues, but when it comes to audio such as recording softare its fine.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Here are my computer specs

I has been working for 7 years without issues, and survived coffee spills, dog slober, and getting dropped and still works. I understand that it may be dying, but its my desktop as my old Dell from 2002 died from old (CPU and GPU failure)

--------------------------------------------------------------

HP PAVILION Dv7-3065dx (2010 - refurbished), 4 gigabytes of ram, 500 gigabyte HDD with 2 gigabytes virtual RAM. 2 gigabytes of video ram with shared to CPU. 2.4 Ghrtz ADM Turion X2 dual core ultra. Internal bluray player. AMD Radeon graphics card.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @CooperChurch1, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand when you try to watch videos online the screen freezes and makes a buzzing noise.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned in the thread that you ran the system diagnostics and you found out that your system has memory issues.

Try updating the drivers to the latest version using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot Computer Locks Up or Freezing issues.

It's certainly is a hardware issue try replacing the memory and check if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Today I double checked my RAM through my BIOS Self Check and it came back goof both times, then I ran a test in Puppy Linux, and it said my ram is okay.  I noticed this issue only persists in watching a video online, my laptop has been okay for 7 years. First it happened when watching a tv show on Amazon Prime then buzzed, and blue screened, it was my NTOSkernel, but I fixed that before using the same stick. Since then I have not gotten and BSOD, but this ram issue. I figured that Puppy Linux only runs off of ram, so I tried that and it ran fine. I'm thinking this could be a driver issue or software since all audio programs run fine.

HP Recommended

@CooperChurch1, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Linux and windows are two different operating systems. Since Linux mostly uses command line interface and the windows uses more of the graphical interface.

The RAM usage is more and that is the reason you are getting memory errors on your PC.

As you mentioned it only happens while watching videos try resetting the browser and check if it helps.

Alos, try updating the flash player on your PC.

If the issue still persists try performing a system restore and check if it helps.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.