Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
So I have had my laptop for little over a year now and before yesterday it was working fine . However yesterday I tried turning it on and now it doesn't even start. When I click on the power button it lights up for a sec then turns off then after a couple of seconds it turns on and then off this cycle has been repeating for a long time not and really don't want to buy a new one , I have tried removing the battery and holding down the power button then plugging in the AC cable but NOTHING seems to work. Someone please help me!
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are not able to Power ON the Notebook and wanted to fix the issue

Please perform below shown steps to find out if this is a software or hardware issue:

1. Remove all Peripherals and Cables, Disconnect them and try to Power ON the Unit

2. Check for LED Light Status and ensure Power Button spring action is normal

3. Swap with a known good Power Cord and Power Adapter

4. Incase no Adapter is available, Check if the Power Adapter is slightly warm

Note: This will give us a hint that the Power Adapter might be fine

5. Do you know if the Notebook was in Battery or Power Adapter Mode when you used it for the last time

Note: Ensure there is no liquid spillage or Power Outage

6. Check if the AC Adapter Port is loose/broken

Note: If the Notebook doesn't Power ON even with a known good Power Adapter this confirms the Hardware fault with System Board or the DC Power Circuit

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the 'Thumbs Up Button' to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

i have the same problem but when i remove the ram and put it again its work for once!!

what its the problem ??

HP Recommended
The laptop powers on when the battery is removed and the power adapter is connected. Does this mean the problem is the battery?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.