Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rushilsingla96 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

My HP pavilion 15 notebook does not charge after 81%

Pavilion 15 notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP pavilion does not take charging after 80% and sometimes the charging light starts blinking. It shows plugged in , not charging.
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
35665 5315 9141
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Have you tried a battery diagnostic either in the UEFI diagnostics (F2 as you power on) or in the HP Support Assistant running from Windows? Stopping at 81% seems like it may be a dead power cell in the battery. Can we have the full model number of the laptop and an idea how old the battery is? Original?

0 Kudos
rushilsingla96 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

The full model no. Is HP Pavilion 15-n259TX NB PC
Battery is original ànd 1 year 10 months old.
I didn't try theUEFI Diagnostics or HP Support assistant.
Sometimes the white light starts blinking and it doesn't take charging while plugged in
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
35665 5315 9141
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

1 yr 10 months is within the range of time in which a battery can fail. The diagnostics will tell us if the battery is failing and will give a cycle count which can help diagnose the likely issue. The more cycles, the more likely it is just worn out. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation