cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Anene
Level 1
10 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My Hp 2000 not coming on

HP Recommended
My Hp 2000 not coming on The Batery, charger and switch is ok but still not coming on
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Anene,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from the post that you are having issues with the computer does not come on anymore. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is there is a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Let the laptop remain powered off.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Please check if this makes a difference. If the issue persists then you may perform the steps as described in detail from this link:  Computer Does Not Start.

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage

2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector

3. Start computer using the battery only

4. Check that the lid switch moves freely

5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.

* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.

* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.

* If the LEDs blink, or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.

* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Anene,

We haven't heard from you,

This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?

Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Jeet_Singh,

And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation