cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OskarGomez
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My Keyboard not found

Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi I have a problem with my laptop HP Pavilion g6 which is that not the keyboard work me before striking a button and I got a number and that letter. But now do not work me all the keyboard and this what I'm writing with the screen keyboard This occurred just after cleaning my keyboard Someone can help

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 4 Phil_N
Level 4
69 69 4 11
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My Keyboard not found

Hello OskarGomez,

Have you by chance tested the laptop out with an external Keyboard?

If the internal keyboard stopped responding after you cleaned it, it is possible that the ribbon cable connecting it to the system board was loosened, disconnected, or broken. Try connecting it to an external keyboard, if the external keyboard responds, possibly try reseating the keyboard while inspecting the cable for any visible damage.

Refer to this document for a walkthrough on how to remove and replace the keyboard properly.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03650828

Let me know how it works out!

Regards,

Phil

I am an HP Employee
OskarGomez
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My Keyboard not found

Thanks for the reply I will try to connect an external keyboard to see if so work

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation