Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (825 Views)

My Pavillion notebook fingerprint sensor doesn't work to log into online accounts

[ Edited ]

I have a HP Pavilion dm4 1160us Notebook PC.  The HP Simple Pass fingerprint sensor works logging into my computer but the icon no longer shows when I want to log into accounts which are saved in my online account and I can't log in with the fingerprint reader.  Also icon doesn't come up when I go to new sites expecting to use it to save my passwords.  Does anyone know how to get it working fully again?  Not sure what I did to cause it to stop working.

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 2 (633 Views)

Re: My Pavillion notebook fingerprint sensor doesn't work to log into online accounts

Mine randomly stopped working as well. I have been searching everywhere to try and figure out how to get it to work again and it is driving me crazy. I go into my online account manager and it shows that it has the logins and passwords saved yet it doesn't work. It also doesn't show the icon when I get onto new websites that require login information. HP is pissing me off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation