Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ay028ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I just opened my brand new laptop for the first time, had a hard time to start: after several attempts to start it, the first message I got is diagnosing your PC, then it shows  buttons: restart or other options... and goes back to diagnosing your PC.

Does this happen to all your new products?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @SergioGranillo

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Sure, this does not happen to every new computer - it is very rare, indeed and not expected.

Something possible went wrong with your device (either during the assembly or during the shipping or while with the reseller). Please, hold down (press) the power button and keep it like that for 5-10 minutes until PC shuts down.

It should have a removable battery - take it out for a while and return it back it.

Try to start the PC again and hopefully it will start and load Windows 10.

If this is not the case and you still get errors, please contact the reseller you purchased the device from (or contact HP) and return the product and ask for a free replacement device. The replacement device should come within a box (not opened at all) so that you are sure of the real integrity of the product and that noone messed with it.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.