Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shawna32 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer won't turn on

The light near the charger keeps blinking but the rest of it is off. What does that mean?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Shawna32,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Notebook not turning on. Try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Here is a detailed troubleshooter for when the computer won't start for Windows.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
74 72 5 6
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Shawna32,

Not sure if it is BIOS corrupted.  You can try to run BIOS crisis recovery by using a key press combination following below article:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

I work for HP. I'm here to help. In case the solution provided work, pls do not forget to give the Kudos!!

ET1111. I work for HP; I'm here to help
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation