cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Amieejo1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp laptop wont turn on. I've tried the unplug, take out battery route and still nothing.

My computer won't come on and I have tried, numerous times, to do the unplug, remove battery restart and still nothing.  It tried to come on but won't power up.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
8204 8155 1561 2916
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp laptop wont turn on. I've tried the unplug, take out battery route and still nothing.

Hi,

When you plug it in do the leds come on that the battery is charging (that the computer is attached to the wall socket)?

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
Amieejo1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, the light comes on as do the lights on the right side.  The fan makes.a.noise when I turn it on but it won't do anything from there.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
8204 8155 1561 2916
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, are any of the leds blinking?

0 Kudos
Amieejo1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When it first comes on, yes, but they go solid.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
8204 8155 1561 2916
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you sure that the screen is not turned off on the keyboard?

Can you attach an external screen to see if the screen is the problem?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation