cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My hp pavilion g6 wont connect to the wifi

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion g6,
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
I have looked up several things on my pavilion g6that could be wrong with this notebook. It's product # is c2n47ua#ABA while the model # g6-2249wm. I've checked the Wi-Fi adapter, it's working properly. While I also uninstalled and reinstalled back in. I've refreshed the computer it allowed me to connect to the internet and then dropped the connection. Now I am factory resetting the computer but I'm not sure if it's going to do anything. If anybody has anything to help me solve this it would be greatly appreciated
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Wm1997,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your HP Pavilion g6 series Notebook and issues with the Wireless not connecting.

Try these steps.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

source

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation