cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jlonomo
Level 4
81 79 5 37
Message 11 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp spectre x360 won't turn on at all

I'll add my voice to this thread. Same thing.

No lights whatsoever, no blinking lights either. This is the second time I've had charging issues with this model. First was replaced by shop as DOA.

Anyone got any good news about replacements or repairs?
0 Kudos
jlonomo
Level 4
81 79 5 37
Message 12 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I left it plugged in over night and looked at it about 7 hours later. Now the power LED is flashing, and it did turn on. Battery had not charged at all.

Windows reports "plugged in, not charging". Did some quick diagnostics and no failures on the quick system scan. Last time I had this problem it failed the battery test. Might be able to try a different charger today, hopefully that will work.
0 Kudos
ArjenRR
Level 1
5 5 0 4
Message 13 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My voice too. I have waited 2 months for my top of the range i7 because it suddenly was not possible to order one. I have it 3 days now and it start to go to sleep when I want to work on it. It was fully charged 30 mins ago. So here I am. Sitting in a library to write quite some stuff over the weekend and this thing just will not wake up. It will not reboot. What a piece of dead weight. I bought this to be efficient and to give demo's to IT bosses and use it as an extra conversation object.

This is so bad for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
stillmattwest
Level 1
5 5 0 4
Message 14 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Call HP support and send it in for repairs. It takes a couple of weeks and they'll wipe your hard drive but unfortunately this has been a common problem with the spectre. Same thing happened to me, not expecting the laptop back till Friday.
0 Kudos
jlonomo
Level 4
81 79 5 37
Message 15 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have organised a return, waiting for confirmation as to when it will be picked up. HP support don't seem to know their own products, they asked me to remove the battery to do a power drain...

I was hoping that this laptop would get me through the next 5 years, like my last one (an Asus). After two X360s that haven't lasted for more than 3 months, I'm not looking forward to my warranty expiring.
ArjenRR
Level 1
5 5 0 4
Message 16 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply but that a process is in place to send it in/pick it up and have it wiped is such an abhorrent way of dealing with this. This is in total disrespect of customers buying a top-end machine and expecting value for which they paid.

The whole customer experience with HP is such a blatant disrespect for customers. For example, delays in delivery are NOT communicated to customers. Reply of the telephone team "It is HP's policy not communicate this to our customers." Excuse me, but I do not care what the policy. I care to be helped. I care for getting value for what I paid for. This is not just by product but also for survice. Look at the likes of Cool Blue in the Netherlands, they actually know what customer service is. They actually know that a customer is willing to pay for hassle free delivery, actual service and a "we help you"-policy instead of "let's tell them it is our policy not to help customers, that is a sufficient reply." Becaus it is a policy right, a valid reply.

HP: Learn the basics: Value is in the positive experience of the journey, not in keeping to policies which are not of any value to customers.

Rgrds

boom23
Level 3
12 10 0 21
Message 17 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree regarding the quality of HP products. I bought two Spectre, for me and my wife, because they were supposed to be good. Now, mine will not turn on and I will will lose all my data when i send it for service. My wife's still works but who knows for how long and if it will die within the warranty period... HP should have a recall on them to fix the problem.

I wish I could return them both but I can't since I bought them about 4 months ago. For sure, I will stay away from HP products in the future. There are too many other reliable products and companies too choose from.

jlonomo
Level 4
81 79 5 37
Message 18 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hope it will take less time than my last enquiry. I called them in July about the charging issue, and got a reply in September asking if I needed assistance! I had already returned the laptop to the shop and had it replaced as DOA.

I have contacted both HP and the shop I bought from. HP support will send someone to pick up the laptop for repair, but I have no idea when. In the meantime, I may get better assistance from the retailer. Hoping for a swift process as I use this laptop for work.

I wonder if I can request that the laptop not be factory reset...
0 Kudos
stillmattwest
Level 1
5 5 0 4
Message 19 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got my spectre back in via Fed Ex, and seems to be working fine. HP did NOT wipe the SSD, which was a nice surprise. They sent a brand new power adapter for it, even though I had included my old one, which made me wonder if the power adapter was burning out the motherboard?  It definitely wasn't just a failed adapter, because the battery was on full charge when the laptop died.

Of course, HP did not tell me what they fixed or what was wrong, so I have no way of trying to prevent this problem from occuring the in future.  All I can do is cross my fingers and hope they got a good build this time around. 

It's still a very fast, very snappy laptop. If I can get a good 3 years out of it at this point, with no further repairs needed, I'll be happy.  

In all, I went a MONTH without this laptop working, which is terrible. Luckily this was a work machine and I had a backup laptop in a Macbook Air. The reliability of that Air, and the fact that I recently ressurected a 2006 Macbook Pro and turned it into a surprisingly fast Linux box is making me wonder if that famous Apple engineering really might be worth the price tag in the future.

LaurieZ3
Level 2
3 2 0 14
Message 20 of 86
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine ended up being the Motherboard, which was replaced (the laptop was only a few months old) It took far longer than I was originally told it would which was quite annoying but now it's working fine...and hopefully stays that way

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation