Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 1302tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

My laptop Pavilion G6 1302tx is responding very slowly even sometimes it goes to hang during working on some common applications. So requesting you to help me in to resolve this issues.

And i have done some following solutions :

1. I have uninstalled all unnecessary softwares.
  2. I have scanned whole laptop by Mcafee Antiviurs Plus.
  3. I have installed once again operating system Win7 Ultimate becaouse of above issues.
  4. I have done system recovery.
  5. I have done Defragmention.

But nothing happened still it is showing same issues.

Help me guys....please

Thank You,

Gagan Sharma

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The first thing we think of when a computer is unresponsive and hangs when trying to open applications is a hard drive problem. Have you tried the hard drive test in the BIOS (F10 as you power up)? 

HP Recommended
Sir, when you suggest then I tried hard drive test in BIOS. But after the completion of first phase 'Hard disk 1 Full (305)' dialog box appeared. And when I click on 'Ok' then it says click on 'Finish' to restart.
So tell me what it means ?

And now it is taking 4-6 minutes in restart and as well as same time in shut down everytime.

And when I click on any shortcut icons which are on task bar are also taking 3-5minutes to open.

But when I run laptop in safe mode then it start and even open every application in less time as compared with run in normal mode.

Sir please help me this laptop is wasting my lots of time.
So please.....
HP Recommended

It means you have filled up the hard drive which will behave a lot like a bad hard drive. You need to delete some stuff off the hard drive. 

HP Recommended
more than 300gb is free out of 500gb.

And one local technician advice me to install windows 8 because it takes less time in booting so he installed it. And at their shop it works speedly.

But after 2 days, it start again hanging and responding slowly.

I have done all the tests like memory tests, defragmentation, scanned whole laptop, hard disk test (and now it is not showing any hard disk full 1 error that I mentioned earlier in your reply).
Even now in all tests it say 'pass' or 'no error found.'

So please help me and tell me what I have to do. And any other test which left that help me to find out why my laptop is slow and hanging every time.

(Note : Some times my laptop takes minimum 1 hr to start after a well shutdown. After this 1hr I can open any application then it works speedly without hanging.)
HP Recommended
Please.... Please.... Please.... give me a best solution. What should I do please please advise me.
Otherwise I have no option than throwing it in dustbin. That much I am fed up from my laptop's performance.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.