Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

My laptop cant switch on

HP Recommended
Hp Hewlett Packard
Hello,
My laptop cant switch on when i put the battery. But the led light on the switch button and capslock button is on. Then i try to remove the battery and plug in power supply and try to turn it on but its stil didnt work. I also try to do like the step that is told in this forum but its still didnt work. Then i remove the power supply and just let it be for a 15min, after that i try again. But it doesn't show any changes. I dont know what should I do next, can you help me?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 3
51 47 2 16
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi nurhezlin, and welcome to the forums!

I understand you're having problems getting your laptop powered on. What model is it?

You say that the Caps Lock LED comes on. Does it flash a number of times? If so, how many times does it flash?

When you say you tried the 'step that is told on the forum', do you mean a hard reset? If not, try the following:

• Remove the power cord and battery
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds
  • Plug in the power cord (but not the battery)
  • Press Power and see if your laptop boots

(If this solved your problem, please click Accept as Solution. If I helped, please consider clicking "Kudos". Thanks!)
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi, thank you for your reply...

My laptop is hp Probook 440 G2.

Yes, the Led light turn on but it is not blinking. The Led is on as long as there is power supply.

I have tried to remove battery then pulg in power supply but didn't work. Yes thats step i have tried also but it still didn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
154 151 6 13
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like a hardware issue, motherboard may possibly be dead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Oohh... Really? I can do nothing then...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
154 151 6 13
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it is under warranty I would call HP tech support, I am not an admin or anything just a volunteer helper so I can't link you to the right person.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Oohh.. Thank you, but its not under warranty anymore...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
154 151 6 13
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can always buy another mother board and do the repair yourself but maybe a bit difficult.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation