cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

My laptop hangs at every click of the mouse.

HP Recommended
Hp envy dv7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I recently purchased a HP Envy dv7 laptop which was upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 with 1tb hdd and 12gb ram. Actually, I purchased the laptop used. I updated some but not all the drivers and it functioned normally for about a week. Now, the laptop hangs at every click of the mouse even when the task manager says that only 1% of the cpu and only 1gb of its 12gb ram is in use. Also, once in a while, it shows nothing but a blue screen.

I carried out a hard disk test and the results were
Hard disk smart check : failed
Failure id: 64jf2m-69a7qh-qfpjxg-60ct03
Product id: d0x36ea#abu
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 631
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Tbones665,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the blue screen issue, and wanted to assist you!

The Failure ID you provided indicates the imminent failure of the Hard Disk.  You may consider replacing the Hard Disk.  Please review the following document for more information, if needed: HP Notebook PCs - Hard Drive Failure Errors: Imminent Failure, Smart, BIOHD, HD535, etc

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.  If this post resolved your issue, then please click on Accept as Solution.

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation