Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-AK008TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi my laptop is getting switched off automatically even it is having 50% power and even i did battery check (calibration) and the result was: "An OK status indicates the battery is functioning correctly".

So how to resolve my problem.

Response will be Appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @krrprasad,

Thank you for stopping by the HP forums.  A Good day to you. 🙂 I read the post regarding requiring assistance the battery shutting down at 50%. I will be delighted to assist you with this.

A stupendous effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For starters, I would require more information to assist you better.

• Did this happen after a windows or software update? Do you remember?
  • Did you run diagnostics on the battery?
  • How old is the notebook?
  • Have you checked with a different battery if you have one and if this computer’s battery is a removable one?

Please try all the prescribed steps from this link on how to improve battery performance: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640

• Video about improving your notebook battery performance
  • How long does a notebook battery last?
  • Adjusting notebook battery power plans
  • Factors that contribute to loss of notebook battery capacity
  • Recommended notebook battery care practices
  • Original battery charges slowly, replacement battery charges normally
  • Special recommendations for embedded (not customer replaceable) notebook batteries
  • Tips for conserving notebook battery power

Then check again. If this does not do the trick for you, check out the option to test the battery with windows 10 from this link: Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) please follow the option “Testing and calibrating the battery using HP PC Diagnostics UEFI (preferred method)”

If the battery diagnostics fail and generates a failure code, then please make a note of it.

Also, update the bios, and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers please select the country and type the product# of the unit and follow the on-screen instructions. Please keep me posted.

Please check this link for tips to enhance battery life: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Battery-Replaced-but-not-turning...

It is possible that the battery is faulty and may require a replacement. If nothing fixes the issue, please contact HP phone support to get the issue corrected.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi my laptop battery was totally failed/dead i am posting image for the result. so help me out how to solve this problem and i am having more 3 months of warantty period.

Screenshot (186).png

HP Recommended

Hi @krrprasad,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Thanks for the quick response. You've been awesome to work with. You've done some great troubleshooting. Brilliant effort to try and get the issue resolved. 🙂 Kudos to you for a job superbly done. 🙂 

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been commendable and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

Please contact HP phone support to get the computer repaired. Steps to contact HP phone support.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

I genuinely hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time once it gets fixed. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.