cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lela33
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

My laptop is plugged in but it's not charging

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new laptop 8 days ago (HP ProBook 470 G2), and I have a problem. When I plugged adapter in, my laptop show me this message: "Plugged in, not charging". Please send me the answer to the solution of the problem.  I thank in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Lala33:

Welcome to HP's forum. Why bother even messing around with it. Just return it back to the store and exchange it. Let the store deal with HP's Dirrect Support. Most stores have a 30 day return policy. You are not the only one with this kind of issue with faulty battery on a new computer. If you deal with HP Direect Support to repair it your self you will be with out a computer for at least six weeks. Your computer comes with a one year waranty so HP Dirrect Support are the ones to contact about a replacing the battery or fixing the hardware issue inside the computer. Why deal with HP's Direct Support night mares when you do not need to. Just return it even if you are leasing it also just exchange it.

Besides that HP does't even cover the steps for trouble shooting your battery charging system for your lap-top. I just checked in case you really wanted to trouble shoot it your self. How lame is that. 

Your computer's start page:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/performMaintResults/?sp4ts.oid=6943842 

I didn't see anything that covers battery trouble shooting.  So just return it and exchange it. Least you have a new computer when you do on same day versus waiting for six weeks with out one the minium .  Besides I am fully aware of how poor the HP Direct Support is. It cost me $1,1000.00 to fix their messed they  left when my computet was returned returned from them for sixth straight time in a row. That's how bad they messed up my computer.  

You are welcome frrw. Look at this way least it didn't catch on fire like my HP DV7t-7000cto did a replacement computer because they could not fix my HP DV7 3565dx computer. Took it out of the box pluged it in and turned it on. That's all she wrote. Poof!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Lala33:

Welcome to HP's forum. Why bother even messing around with it. Just return it back to the store and exchange it. Let the store deal with HP's Dirrect Support. Most stores have a 30 day return policy. You are not the only one with this kind of issue with faulty battery on a new computer. If you deal with HP Direect Support to repair it your self you will be with out a computer for at least six weeks. Your computer comes with a one year waranty so HP Dirrect Support are the ones to contact about a replacing the battery or fixing the hardware issue inside the computer. Why deal with HP's Direct Support night mares when you do not need to. Just return it even if you are leasing it also just exchange it.

Besides that HP does't even cover the steps for trouble shooting your battery charging system for your lap-top. I just checked in case you really wanted to trouble shoot it your self. How lame is that. 

Your computer's start page:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/performMaintResults/?sp4ts.oid=6943842 

I didn't see anything that covers battery trouble shooting.  So just return it and exchange it. Least you have a new computer when you do on same day versus waiting for six weeks with out one the minium .  Besides I am fully aware of how poor the HP Direct Support is. It cost me $1,1000.00 to fix their messed they  left when my computet was returned returned from them for sixth straight time in a row. That's how bad they messed up my computer.  

You are welcome frrw. Look at this way least it didn't catch on fire like my HP DV7t-7000cto did a replacement computer because they could not fix my HP DV7 3565dx computer. Took it out of the box pluged it in and turned it on. That's all she wrote. Poof!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation