cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hisword
Level 1
13 13 0 1
Message 31 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My laptop is plugged in but not charging

My hp mini laptop has a new battery, a good charger and a good chrging point on the motherboard but yet it doesnt charge i have gone through the BIOS settings and i have done hard reset on it maybe a program is running but still plugged in not charging. Pls i need somebody to help me with this. I will really appreciate any help on this
0 Kudos
fatal-error
2 2 0 0
Message 32 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Disabling and re enabling the battery drivers worked a charm for me .... thank you!! 

0 Kudos
FernandeZ
1 1 0 0
Message 33 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hai I have a problem in my hp laptop when i connect  charger,It shows  charger plugin but not charging.Kindly give a idea.

@jccho123 wrote:

My laptop 'sometimes' shows that it's not charging although the power is plugged in.

I called HP Tech Support twice.  Each time, they asked me to update the BIOS and firmware

prior to running the battery test (both in boot up and using HP diagnostic S/W).  The test always

says that the battery is OK.  I can run the laptop without battery installed without any issue, which

probably rules out the charger.

This problem comes and goes.  HP is not willing to do anything until the problem can be clearly

identified.  My warranty is about to expire (in 3 days), and I am afraid that this problem won't get

resolved before then.  Could anyone help me with this problem?

Thank you.

JC

@jccho123 wrote:

My laptop 'sometimes' shows that it's not charging although the power is plugged in.

I called HP Tech Support twice.  Each time, they asked me to update the BIOS and firmware

prior to running the battery test (both in boot up and using HP diagnostic S/W).  The test always

says that the battery is OK.  I can run the laptop without battery installed without any issue, which

This problem comes and goes.  HP is not willing to do anything until the problem can be clearly

identified.  My warranty is about to expire (in 3 days), and I am afraid that this problem won't get

Thank you.

JC

@jccho123 wrote:

Thank you.

JC

0 Kudos
MERCURY10
1 1 0 0
Message 34 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 960 38 153
Message 35 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello MERCURY10,

So I can better assist you with your notebook not charging when the power is plugged in, I will need to know the following information:

1. What is the model/product number of your computer?
  2. What is the operating system running on your computer?

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Hisword
Level 1
13 13 0 1
Message 36 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

MY NOTEBOOK MODEL- Hp mini 110-3112sa
PRODUCT NUMBER- LD746EA#ABU
{Personal Information Removed}
CONFIGURATIONG ID- 059D110000203300000300100,
O.S- windows 7 starter
i will be happy if you can help me on this

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 960 38 153
Message 37 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello Hisword,

I understand that your HP Mini 110-3112sa PC's battery will not charge even though that it is plugged in. I will be happy to assist you.

1. Perform a Hard Reset.
  2. Check to see if the issue is resolved.
  3. Testing and Calibrating the Battery.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Hisword
Level 1
13 13 0 1
Message 38 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It does not work for me
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 960 38 153
Message 39 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello Hisword,

Would you be able to perform a battery test from the system diagnostics?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821536

To test the battery using the HP System Diagnostics, start with the computer off and unplugged from the power. Use the following instructions to test the battery:
  1. Unplug the power cord and turn off the computer.
  2. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
  3. Press the Esc key immediately when seeing the HP or the Compaq logo screen.
    The Start Up menu appears.
  4. Press F2 to select F2 System Diagnostics .
  5. Select Battery Test from the list of diagnostic tests.

NOTE:If your battery is fully charged, the battery test screen might not appear.
  6. Plug in the power cord.
  7. Click Start Battery Test on the Battery Test page.
    The Battery Test page shows Test in progress and the Estimated Time Remaining.
Reply back with the outcome.

Thank you,
0 Kudos
Hisword
Level 1
13 13 0 1
Message 40 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

But my battery is down, it remains just 1% which is not enough to boot the system
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation