cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shreekant
1 1 0 0
Message 61 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My laptop is plugged in but not charging

My laptop not get charged when switched off the power supply and turn it back again. Its only started charging when its get shut down.Also some times it shows plugged in, not charging.

My laptop details are listed below:

Product No: WR717PA

Model No: DV4-2126tx

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
bhadra76
1 1 0 0
Message 62 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i have the problem plugged in but not charging ..  u r solution is only temparory .. i facing this problem repeteadtly .. can u suggest any onther solution ..

0 Kudos
billtorbitt
Level 2
33 30 0 2
Message 63 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same problem - at the beginning of the the year I was prompted to update the Bios which I did and the battery charged.  but after a couple of months it was saying the same thing again - plugged in and not charging.

0 Kudos
MichaelAstor
2 2 0 0
Message 64 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The problem is with the hardware. The charger plug into the lap is extremely poorly designed and does not make good contact after a very brief period of use. This may coincide with other events, such as BIOS upgrade  and lead you on a wild goose chase but in the end, you will find that replacing the charger resolves the issue. 

0 Kudos
billtorbitt
Level 2
33 30 0 2
Message 65 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This is obviously not the solution since if the charger plug were not making contact, the laptop would not even run off mains power, which my laptop does perfectly well.

0 Kudos
billtorbitt
Level 2
33 30 0 2
Message 66 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Also:  when I was in London I took the laptop into the HP 'Total care centre' where they said it needed a new motherboard, which however they said was not in stock and could not say if it was still available!

0 Kudos
billtorbitt
Level 2
33 30 0 2
Message 67 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This link looks like malware or a virus

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation