Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
renis Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop keyboard and touchpad stop working a minute after it is restarted

Elitebook 840
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having serious problems with my latop HP Elitebook 840, with Windows 7 (64-bit) OS. Keyboard and touchpad of my laptop stop working after 1-2 minutes of activity. Restarting does not fix the problem, the keyboard and touchpad stop working again after random time. I can confim that the touchpad is not locked up. It has an antivirus software. Can you help me. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
843 843 45 87
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop keyboard and touchpad stop working a minute after it is restarted

This could be either hardware of software issues. To make sure, have your system updated, BIOS and drivers

I recommend the use of HP SDM ( Softpaq Download manager - www.hp.com/go/sdm ) to update the system.

When it runs and downloads the latest catalog,

* select 'check for updates' tab - if not the default when you run SDM
    * install auto-checkmarked drivers, NOT the BIOS, at this point
        it may occasioanly suggest 2 versions of dirvers - select the latest version only
    * install any other (ONLY) drivers that show as Not Installed + Essential System Updates softpaq
    * select BIOS update (if needed) by itself and Install
        DO NOT SHUTDOWN if the laptop beeps a few times during the BIOS update !!! Let it continue to final Reboot

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation