Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-r237nl
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have had my HP laptop (the model is Notebook- 15-r237nl) for about a year and a half now. Usually, it was making a very strong buzzing noise in the beginning, when I was switching it on, which I found out is normal. Then, it started making softer buzzing noises; however, if I turned the laptop off and on again, they were going away.

Now, it is a couple of days that it keeps buzzing quite loud, and it doesn't go away when I try to switch it off and on again. 

Can anybody help me? Also, it should be some kind of assurance or assistance included for the first two years, right? 

Thank you very much!!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @cmbigogno,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with the laptop making a loud buzzing noise,

Don't worry we'll try few steps that should help you to resolve the issue,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details,

Does this sound come from the speakers/Fan/Hard drive?

* Updating your Notebook computer BIOS

* Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean

* Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat

* Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes

* Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

For more details: Click here

And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here (though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue).

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer!

I believe the noise comes from the fan. 

Also, thank you for your advice, I will try them and hopefully solve the problem without needing lots of money! 

Regards,

Carola

HP Recommended

Hello @cmbigogno,

Thanks for the update. I would like to jump in with a suggestion!

Try to clean the vents as explained here to try and fix this issue: http://hp.care/2c1rVzQ 

Also, please check http://hp.care/2blvOxR 

Let me know how that goes. I’ll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you both your suggestions!

I will try and fix the problem over the weekend, and let you know.

Best wishes,

Carola

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.