Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop volume too low even when setting is max

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Mwangi01,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Notebook and issues with the sound volume to low even when on full. Here is a link to help resolve the speakers and sound not working correctly. The link to using the Windows troubleshooting tool is the best for this situation.

You can try:

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers.
4. Click properties.
5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

As usual, HP has no clue regarding their own products.
Chances are, their IDT audio driver is incompatible with Windows 10.
Do Not hold your breath waiting for HP to provide an update - - won't happen.
-

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
  2. Select Driver tab.
  3. Click Update Driver... button.
  4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
  5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next. Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.
  7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Key is step 6.

-

You lose some functionality (equalizer didn't work anyway), but your volume is back.

HP Recommended

I don't have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

Can't get to step 2. 

My volume is really low.

Where can I find the setting?

Here's what I have.

DeviceManager.png

Thank you!

Barry

HP Recommended

BTW, I opened the Audio Inputs and Outputs

It shows High Definition Audio Device for both Microphone and Speakers.

Maybe that was where I might see the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC line you suggested changing?

HP Recommended

I have fixed it, i didnt go to properties or anywhere. I just installed 'Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver' for windows 10 that i downloaded from hp.com. Sound is pretty good now, it is not low. 

HP Recommended

he volmn settings are all 100% and the sound volumn is too low to hear movies, You Tube, video posts, etc.T

HP Recommended

Sorry - - HP Sucks and they will do nothing to help you
Next time, buy Acer, Lenovo, ASUS, Sony, ANYTHING but HP.
My fix was to buy a small USB-Powered headphone amp and plug that into the headphone jack
Certainly NOT elegant, but functional.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.