cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vinny3014
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

My laptop will not turn on/ power on

HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k015dx S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

Please help me with my issue if you can.

My laptop will not turn on/ power on even after I charge it.  When I plug it in to charge and try to turn it on, the charging light on the side will turn white for a moment and then turn orange.  Also, the light of the "power on" button will light up for a second before turning off.  When I attempt to turn on the laptop without the AC charger plugged in, the light on the "power on" button will not even light up.

When I first experienced this problem, I was working on my laptop in class without the laptop plugged in.  Suddenly the laptop turned off although the power was still at 80%.  I plugged in the laptop to see if the battery had died, but the aforementioned results occurred and my laptop would not turn on. 

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Side notes:

My computer does not have a removable battery

I have already attempted a hard reset

Thank you, Vinny

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation