cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My new HP Pavillion 15 notebook PC keeps dropping the wifi.

Product #: E8B20uA#ABA

BIOS F.14-06/03/2013 (087C100014305B10000620120)

WIFi Adapter Realtek RTL8188ee.802.11bgn

Driver Version: 2007.9.208.2013

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi pacodede,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand that you are having some wireless issues. Do you have any other wireless devices in the home? Are they functioning properly in regards to the wireless? Start by uninstalling the Realtek Adapter in your Device Manager by right clicking it. Then download the Realtek driver and right click on the file and Run as Administrator.  Windows 8 or 8.1.  Let me know how it goes. 

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the reply. There are other devices and are working great with the wifi. I will try your suggestion and get back with you.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation