cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pauline05 Tutor
Tutor
13 8 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My password doesnt work to open my laptop!!!!

... I cant open my hp pavillion dv6 laptop...ive set a password before but i dont know why it doesnt work anymore..when i try to open it always says "the user profile service service failed the log on,user profile cannot be loaded"!!
I dont know what will i do...im afraid to lose all my files..please help.........
tnx in advance for your help...
...pauline
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
12,390 11,182 436 813
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Pauline05 wrote:
... I cant open my hp pavillion dv6 laptop...ive set a password before but i dont know why it doesnt work anymore..when i try to open it always says "the user profile service service failed the log on,user profile cannot be loaded"!!
I dont know what will i do...im afraid to lose all my files..please help.........
tnx in advance for your help...
...pauline

Did you try to boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" to see if there wasn't something else wrong and see if you can change the password from there?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
Pauline05 Tutor
Tutor
13 8 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No i haven't try it..i dont know how to do it..please help me...
0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
12,390 11,182 436 813
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

To get to the safe mode with networking you need to press during the bootup the "F8" function key and select "Safe Mode with Networking" and see if you can get into the admin account and reset the password. Otherwise if this doesn't still allow you to get to the admin account you might have to take to a shop to remove the login password but first do the safe mode  with networking and see if you can reset or remove the password.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
Pauline05 Tutor
Tutor
13 8 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

.....thanks for your info..although ive search on how to use safemode...it really works..thank you so much..😊 more power..
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation