cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Solved!

My toddler jumped on my HP Mini 210-3070nr now the HDD makes clicking sound and it wont be detected

HP Recommended

My toddler jumped on my HP Mini 210-3070nr keyboard and the screen went black so i held the power button to reboot it now the hdd makes this clicking sound and it wont be detected by the computer. What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could need a replacement/repair, not sure of your technical level, but here is the link to the service and maintenace guide for your notebook, it has instructions for taking it apart if that's what you prefer to having it serviced.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02987479.pdf

You can try re-seating the drive, you have to be comfortable with doing this, if you're not I would recommend having it serviced.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Highlighted
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 268
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can try taking the hard drive out and putting it back in again and check..Here is the link for the manual that will guide you to remove the hard drive..

HP Mini 210, HP Mini 110, and Compaq Mini CQ10 Maintenance and Service Guide ›

Usually if the Hard Drive is not detected and making  a clicking sound then there is not much you can do because most likely the hard drive has gone bad..If after reseating the hard drive the same problem continues then you'll have to replace the hard drive...

Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried re-seating the drive but that didnt work it says that theres no hard disk when i run the test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried taking the hard drive out and putting it back in but that didnt work either
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like you need a new Hard-drive to me.

You can buy on-line and install yourself and run the recovery to put the image on, or have it serviced.

I am an HP employee
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I guess so, it sucks because i had a bunch of important stuff in there. Another question... can i upgrade to like a 1tb hdd as long as is the same size (2.5 in this case) and would it matter if is a different rpm than the one that comes with it (5400 rpm)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I looked through the links on here, the guides and it has one specifically for the Hard-drive

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&document=&product=5118713

I have never heard of someone putting a 1TB HDD into a mini, I don't see a restriction in the documentation, it would just have to be compatible with size and type, I take it you have recovery media to put the image back on?

I am an HP employee
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was thinking about upgrading the ram already anyways, and i found a 1tb 2.5 also so i was like hmm i guess ima go with this one... i dont have the recovery media though 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can buy it, it should be listed on-line with the drivers, if not you can call & order it.

Good luck :generic:

I am an HP employee
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation