cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need Help to Run Smc.bin

i was a issue to cant run the smc.bin file this file is given by hp support after perform many tasks

kindly plz help me 

my laptop was 

Hp Elitebook 6930p

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,557 7,978
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need Help to Run Smc.bin

Omar.

You should have received instructions with the .bin file but you can try this.

Perform the following steps to reset bios admin password:

PLEASE MAKE SURE DATE AND TIME IS SET CORRECTLY BEFORE RUNNING THIS TOOL

a.     Create a bootable DOS USB flash drive:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.      Download usbmemkeyboot.zip and win98boot.zip.

2.      Extract usbmemkeyboot.zip and install SP27608.exe. Also extract win98boot.zip

3.      Run HP USB disk Storage format tool from All programs >> Hewlett-packard.

4.      Select the USB drive

5.      Select  FAT32

6.      Under format options, choose create a DOS startup disk and quick format

7.      Use DOS system files located >> browse and select the extracted win98boot folder

8.      Then click the start button. Click Close when completed.

If the DOS usb boot does not work, do not select quick format during the process.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b.    Rename  the attached file to smc.bin and save it to the flash drive or and insert to the system (or save the file to the root of drive 😧 HP_TOOLS)

c.     Press "Windows Key + UP Key + Down Key" all keys at same time and turn on the system

d.     Release all keys and press F10 at HP logo to go to F10 setup to “Reset BIOS security to factory default”

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need Help to Run Smc.bin

Run HP USB disk Storage format tool from All programs >> Hewlett-packar

Where I find this
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need Help to Run Smc.bin

i perform all these task but nothing is do 

there is any other way to solve this bios reset 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,557 7,978
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need Help to Run Smc.bin

Omer.

These are your 3 options.

There are no master password generators for ProBooks or EliteBooks.

You will need to contact HP.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0003

Or look at this link.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/49497-HP-Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility

Or replace the BIOS chip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Elitebook-2530p-2730p-6930p-8530p-8530w-8730w-Programed-Bios-Chip-No-Pass...

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need Help to Run Smc.bin

I have changed to SMC.BIN and copy to USB, then factory reset, but it dont  any change

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation