Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)

Need help! Windows 8 recovery problem

Product Name: Satellite L50
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I really need help. So I was just browsing on my laptop the other day and then a blue screen came up and something was written. It was like 'KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Then it restarted.
When i turned on, I was taken to the boot recovery page and there are some options
The first set of options are 'Troubleshoot' or 'Turn off PC' so obviously I click troubleshoot.
Then there is 'refresh your pc' or 'reset your pc' or advanced options.
So i click 'refresh your pc' first, but it says 'The drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again'

So then I click on 'reset your pc'
And it says 'Unable to reset your pc. A required drive partition is missing'

So there is no way I can log on to windows! PLEASE HELP!
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (155 Views)

Re: Need help! Windows 8 recovery problem

Hi @bennewcombe ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

The Toshiba tech support might be better suited to respond to your concerns.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation