Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NewSaga Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need help with system tools campaq model CQ40-641TU

Prasario CQ40
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there

Could anyone help me find a solution to the problem. I am getting the error message: You will need to use recovery tools. If you do not have any installation media, please contact your PC administrator or PC/device manufacturer.

I have already checked. Compaq does not have any tools for Windows 10. What should I do? 

Thanks

NewSaga

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9426 9423 879 2536
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need help with system tools campaq model CQ40-641TU

The SUPPORT PAGE for that model says it came with FreeDOS, which probably means that Windows 10 did not come from the factory.  Using the Windows 10 Media Creation tool will give you a good place to start.  Make the media, either DVD ro USB flash drive, and then boot to that.  Read through THIS SUPPORT document from M$ on "How To"  use the various recovery options that apply.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation