Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15 p114dx

One night, my computer wouldn't turn back on stating that it couldn't detect my hard drive. I had not dropped it at all. I took it to a computer store, who took it apart, and bascially said that my hard drive was destroyed. That it wouldn't spin anymore and that I need to ask for a restore disc from HP. However, my laptop is no longer under warrenty. Am i still able to get this disc?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Go to this page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-p100-Notebook-PC-series/7234915/model...

Scroll down to "Order Recovery Media" and click on that.  Fill out the form that comes up.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

it doesn't show "order recovery media" as an option

HP Recommended

Yes does, at least you me.  Click on the blue  "Order Media" after you ckick on "Order Recovery Media" and under USB-Windows 8.1 64-bit Recovery Kit

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I have Windows 10, does that make a differnce? Could I get the windows 8 one?

HP Recommended

Well, if the laptop was upgraded to Windows 10, it probably would not be advisable to use the Windows 8 Recovery disk set then.  It would make more sense to download the Windows 10 media Creation tool and make your own Windows 10 install media.  Buy a new hard drive and then  install Windows 10 on the new hard drive.  Once everything is installed and working, then make a system image to save in case something like this happens again.

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.