Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
georgecf Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need to by a laptop for presentation, which model?

I need to buy a powerful laptop for presentation and discussions with customers at exhibition:

- touch screen to show and zoom on 3D CAD models

- add zoom on functionality 

- used to run animations

- possibility to connect to large TV screens (eventual reccomendation for the TV screens too are welcome)

- of course, high speed processor,  Nvidia Quadro card (which is specific for 3D) and lods of RAM ( 110 Gb and more)

thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37388 5651 9756
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The machine you envision does not exist. No laptop has 110 gigs of RAM. 

The Zbook 14 seems to have everything else you want and maxes at either 32 or 64 gigs of RAM which will be plenty for anything you want to do. 

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/business-solutions/hp-zbook-14-g2-mobile-workstation-%28energy-star%29...

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
791 34 78
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As a workhorse machine with lots of expansion and up to 64GB of RAM and tons of disk storage plus a range of 3D graphics options, i would suggest the ZBook 15 G3 (the 17G3 has a larger screen but is heavier). If you want slightely less in RAM and storage and only an NVidia Quadro m1000 (but with 4GB) then the ZBook Studi G3 is ultrabook thin and very powerful with quad core processors. Just be aware the fan will kick on more frequently than on the ZBook 15 or 17

all these can be configure with touch screens and Thunderbolt docks - the same but different power for the 15 and Studio than for the 17 g3

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation