cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ethan_Nazareth
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need to decide on cooling fans for my HP ENVY 15

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I realised the reason my HP ENVY 15 is shutting down randomly and the way to correct it from shutting down is to buy a Cooling fan which wont let it overheat. What sizes and cooling fans would you recommend for me ? 🙂

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,533 31,241 2,866 10,495
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ethan_Nazareth

Ideas

Buy for quality and not price.  Expect to spend somewhere between $20 and $60 US.

If the vents are on the bottom of the notebook, it is imperative that you allow space under the base to allow air circulation.   Elevate the notebook base away from solid surfaces.

Cooler Pads:  

• Select a cooler that provides more than one fan, if possible.  
  • Ensure the cooler pad is sturdy - whimpy pad provides whimpy support.
  • Read what others say about the product -- consider good and bad reviews.
  • An on/off switch on the cooler is real nice; you do need to remember to manually shut off the fan.
  • Some products provide an adjustable fan setting - nice if the product also provides other features you like.
  • Consider:  If you are using the notebook in one location AND that you are pushing the notebook's electrical capacity for USB devices,  connect the cooler to a USB Hub that provides it's own power supply (and on/off switch).

There is "new tech" available that provides cooling using other than the traditional "cooler pad" arrangement.

Example (check your favorite search engine and online stores for more information):

Opolar LC06 Laptop Fan with Temperature Display and Cooling Pads

Want a simple approach to provide air circulation?

AmazonBasics Ventilated Adjustable Laptop Stand

Need more cooling?  Stick a small fan next to (or behind) the stand to blow cool air across the bottom / side of the notebook casing.

NOTE:  This stand is well made; it is also a bit heavier than some plastic notebook coolers -- this is not a "portable" device and is intended for "stay in one place" use (like a desk / work-surface).

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation