Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pvbgolfer Tutor
Tutor
22 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

New (2017) Spectre Battery Drain while shutdown

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new Spectre X360.  Battery drains 0.8% per  hour while Spectre is shutdown.  There is ZERO battery drain of spouse's Surface notebook.  I have disabled fast start up.  USB ports are not in use.  This is a serious problem as I leave my notebook off for several days and could drain to zero possibly damaging battery.   

4 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8108 482 894
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

Welcome to HP Forums @pvbgolfer,

Thanks for the post. I understand that the battery is loosing power even when the computer is shutdown, is that correct? I would like to provide some suggestions. 

Recommend you to install and run HP Support assistant to check for driver updates and BIOS. Refer http://hp.care/2fvNQNc

Run battery test and calibrate the battery if the battery test passes, refer http://hp.care/2fTWp2I

You can also change the power options on the computer to check if it helps, refer http://hp.care/2fU0vbn

Let me know if this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
pvbgolfer Tutor
Tutor
22 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

I have done all of what you recommend. HP Support decided to replace my battery. Hope this works. I think there is a hardware issue. We we will see
0 Kudos
pvbgolfer Tutor
Tutor
22 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

I finally sent my PC back to HP for repair under warranty.  It arrived yesterday and the issue appears to be resolved.  They indicated the issue was a Firmware  and driver update.  Based on the number of posts of people with similar issues and the fact that reviewers are now starting to notice the issue, can you raise it within HP.  I believe they need to address the issue - perhaps a recall or public posting of what to do to correct the issue.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 0 4
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

I am on my second unit from bestbuy and have the same problem.  Not a coincidence here.  How many returns do you guys want?  I'll keep exchanging it until problem is solved.  Maybe bestbuy needs to escalate this to hp as well.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation