Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chef_Willy Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Docking Station, D9Y32AA

Folio 1040 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just got docking station, D9Y32AA, "2013 UltraSlim Docking Station".

Connecting computer seemed to be straightforward and simple enough. Just wondering if there are any hidden capabilities inherent in the device that I might exploit. I am not considered a "power user" though I do use most of the MS Office Apps to include PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word.

Also, will turning off the power at the Docking Station keep the computer's internal battery from charging? Is there danger in the battery being damaged by staying connected to the docking station power too long?

Thanks for your thoughts,

CW

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
74414 74304 9057 19527
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Docking Station, D9Y32AA

Hi,

No official manual for the product but the main advantages: more ports, more connectivities.

For the last 2 questions:

1. This will draw more power from battery and would kill battery quicker (need more charging cycles).
  2. I posted my observations few times: Our department have an offsite room for BCP and we keep same configuration for all our laptops in that room as the same of our normal day-to-day laptops, only one difference: they sit on docking stations and power on 24/24. After 2 years, their batteries are much better than batteries on our day-to-day laptops.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation