cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
clever_trevor
Level 2
35 32 0 0
Message 31 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Envy x2 crash on resume?

Hi,

I found the BIOS update to F.07 & touchpad update seems fo have fixed this.

It was a regular issue a month back but seems okay now.....

Cheers,

t

0 Kudos
Finders
Level 2
25 25 0 0
Message 32 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Envy X2 was not responding to the keypad at times and also needed to have keyboard and tablet detached/reattached  (it was also crashing regularly and had sound problems) but since I reset the Envy X2 (see my earlier post above for how to do this) it has continued to work with no problems.

When reset it restored the original November 2012 drivers and worked OK. I have since updated the chipset and Realtek drivers and it is still OK. I think there must have been some software corruption in the setup during manufacture.

0 Kudos
Levon
3 3 0 0
Message 33 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@clever_trevor wrote:

Hi,

I found the BIOS update to F.07 & touchpad update seems fo have fixed this.

It was a regular issue a month back but seems okay now.....

Cheers,

t

Clever_trevor, when did you update the BIOS? HP technician sent me the link for an update couple of weeks ago but that didn't help. Can you send a link of where to download the update? And maybe how to  check the current version of the BIOS because perhaps I already have that update?

Thanks

Levon.

0 Kudos
clever_trevor
Level 2
35 32 0 0
Message 34 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update is here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-114941-1&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en...

Check current BIOS by prssing Fn key & Esc key (while in desktop)

hope this helps,
0 Kudos
Levon
3 3 0 0
Message 35 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, it seems that I had already installed this update before and it didn't help me.

Any other solutions?

Levon.

0 Kudos
dbotton
3 3 0 0
Message 36 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is not the case, we are all running that version was in earl updates of the BIOS. If you are not experiencing crashes it is likey that you are not sleeping your machine often and not on the move.

Symptom: After sleep the Envy x2 will frequently crash. This is especially the case if changing location. I experience 3-8 crashes per day since I am on the move.

Work Around: Install classic shell and choose to "hibernate" before letting the Envy x2 sleep.

Bottom Line: HP is not addressing the issue, DO NOT BUY an Envy x2 unless you are truly in love with the form factor and willing to deal with constant crashing of the machine.

Since HP is ignoring this I recommend everyone here post to every review about the crashing issue until HP wakes up.

I really love this form factor, but it is a crying shame that there is no follow up from m HP at all.

0 Kudos
dbotton
3 3 0 0
Message 37 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turning off "Allow the computer to put this device to sleep" on every possible device will _reduce_ the number of times this crashes but it still crashes a few times per day.

WARNING - I have lost money and lots of time over misinformation form Support represantatives regarding trying to order power adaptersfor the Envy x2.  They willl give you a part number but conveniently not tell you that you need to also order a plug for the power adapter. So make sure not to get stuck. In my case I ordered two power adapters, only one came in  the package and obviously missing the power cable I just mentioned. The had the Chutzpah to even imply restalking fees may be needed for the part they didn't send to return (since now I need to spend a fortune on shipping for the now "power cable" they forgot to tell me about) and insisted on expensive additional shipping to get the part _THEY_ didn't tell me I even needed. I have Chat IDs and everything to prove it. Rediculous

I really love the Envy x2 formfactor, but constant crashes every time it sleeps, run around phone transfer to transfer for _their_ mistakes. Don't buy HP unless it is a cheap low end throw away machine.... You have been warned.

0 Kudos
Level 8
Level 8
922 881 66 357
Message 38 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in this Post - see the very first one, we will analyze the crash logs and ge back to you and anyone else experiencing these Blue Screens.

regards,

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Kadius
Level 1
4 4 0 3
Message 39 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, I installed an Envy X2 Tablet. And it worked perfect!

And afther (i think) some windows updates I get BSOD.

The tablet turns off, but still uses power (empty battery)

Restarts with errors --> bcmdhd63.sys and a lot of problems.

If I use / press the power button for 5 seconds then I can restart the tablet.

I installed the latest drivers from the HP site. But still had troubles with power.

So I went searching for the right solution and I think I found it! Yes I'm a genius 😉

It is the Wireless driver.

I downloaded this one:

http://www.notebook-driver.com/detail/thinkpad-driver-id-11129/

Installed it en afther that replace the file bcmdhd63.sys from the install directory (from download lenovo) to c:\windows\system32\drivers

@HP please update the wireless drivers on your support / driver site for the right one.

Because of this I lost to much time!

HP Envy X2 11-G000ED - Convertible laptop/tablet

newenvyx2
3 2 0 1
Message 40 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had a similar problem with my Envy X2 where it would not wake up from sleep.  Switched virus software and the problem disappeared.  Posted here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Envy-X2-running-Windows-8-with-ZoneAlarm...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation