Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 6 (4,949 Views)

New HP Mini 110-1000, keyboard is messed up

Brand new machine.  "messed up" is the best way i can describe it... fresh out of the box running Ubuntu Mi Edition, and I observe the following strangenesses with the keyboard:

Any time i hit the "P" key, it appears to input a backspace and then a P. 

"Delete" key appears to delete and then input a "=" character

Left arrow types a "p" and then moves one char to left

Right arrows types a "0" and then moves one char to right

w...t.....?! has anyone got any ideas for how to resolve this? I've tried using different layouts to no avail...

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 6 (4,383 Views)

Re: New HP Mini 110-1000, keyboard is messed up

My keyboard has not worked correctly since I attached a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.  Somehow the laptop keyboard is permanently stuck on function (fn).

This makes for incredibly slow typing - as I have to hold down the function to type anything.  Or I have to learn the function language: t6 d6 is to do

Would love a quick fix!

Or any fix for that matter.

Thx

Tutor
Message 3 of 6 (3,831 Views)

Hello!

My HP Mini 1120NR started doing this after about a year of little use. Interesting how it began just after the warrenty expired.

The only way I can get it to function is to plug in an external keyboard. I refuse to pay HP another dime - these netbooks are trash.

Hope you have better luck.

Cheers! - Jim

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (2,716 Views)

I've had the same problems with the keyboard.  JUST after the warranty expired.  Thank you HP for making me an iPad customer!

Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,561 Views)

Mine just went kaput today. If I type the letter L, I get an L and (  . This goes for almost half of the keyboard. Every key brings an extra character. This makes  for a lot of backspacing!

Of course the warranty has just EXPIRED! I won't even fix it.....moving on to the IPad!

Tha1nk8s2 HP A! (Thanks HP! )

Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]

same problem. using a usb keyboard - bios upgrades, factory reset, format disk; key remap and still the problem remains, so must be hardware failure and guess what its 29 days past warranty. conclusion- hp make useless {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation