cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 11 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I see cool.

Would you recommend a good usb c hubs that has a lot of thing and can charge a phone etc.

Ovs we can't charge the laptop through it but will need one that I can connect a few things to the laptop through one port. And then I will just charge it like normal. I need at least to usb 3 and and a micro sd card reader on the hub

Also does any of the hubs work just not the charging part of the hubs
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,516 43,302 6,939 12,192
Message 12 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an adapter that is a DP (video) port and 2 USB 3.0 ports and it works fine. I have also used an HDMI adapter and the provided USB 3.0 adapter and all work fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 13 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Excellent cheers if you plug the hp charger into the dock and the dock into the laptop does it charge. You have been a great help today thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 14 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

has anyone tried this dell charger? Dell 45W 20V 2.25A USB-C AC Adapter W/Power Cable HDCY5

i bought a dart charger before getting the spectre. what a charger. unfortunate they do not have a usb-c adaptor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 15 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP has recently updated the BIOS to allow third party charger. I do not know if they have lifted the block unconditionally or just for specific brands of third party charger. At least for my Innergie USB type C charger (http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/accessories/innergie-powergear-usb-c-45) I can now charge while using it. Previously, the Spectre system will detect a third party charger when I power on, and block the charging.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Awesome, thanks for the update!  May run out and get that Innergie charger now - the stock one is a mess.

What about EGPU options?  Does the BIOS update open up compatability with the razer core?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 14 0 6
Message 17 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'd really like to know more about this update as well.  Everything I've read to date has been about HP fully blocking non-HP products.  Is there a firmware revision history that we can look at that describes the changes exactly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 18 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

- Expands support for the USB Type-C adaptor.
- Provides enhanced BIOS password security.
- Provides enhanced panel brightness when the panel is in power saving mode.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=10799990&swItemId=ob_172047_1&swEnvOid=41...

its working for me. I bought the innergie charger in June, days after I got the spectre and I couldn't charge using it. now I can charge without any warning message pops up. I can't say for other third party charger, but innergie one works well for me now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 14 0 6
Message 19 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing this info.  I really wish that HP would be clearer with exactly what they have and haven't enabled here.  It seems like the only way for me to be sure that they've fully unrestricted that USB-C port is to just buy one and find out.  It's frustrating that they're not clearly announcing the change they're making to this policy.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 14 0 6
Message 20 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, that's disappointing.  I'd read on another thread that a recent firmware update has fixed some of the charging issues, so I went ahead and ordered one.  If it's still locked down, I'll be sending it back.  

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation