cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
14 14 0 6
Message 21 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can confirm that HP has corrected the USB-C issues on the Spectre X360 with a firmware update.  I can now charge it with several different adapters.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
7 6 0 6
Message 22 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any powerbanks that can charge the spectre 13 guys?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 23 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've got the i7 version 8 gigs RAM and a 256 PCI-E mSSD and bought Targus USB-C Universal Mains Charger 45 W. 

I have already updated my bios to the latest version BUT it's still not working with my laptop.

Any ideas?

Is it working with Apple adapters???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 6 0 0
Message 24 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I posted this in another thread:

I bought a Kensington docking station SD4600P, foolishly without reading the above articles. However, it arrived and on plugging in I got the HP message but it nevertheless worked perfectly. That was for about a week. I have just been away for 2 weeks. On my return HP disables the docking station every time. I think it charges when the PC is switched off but won't work at all otherwise. This is obviously crucial as I can't use my external monitor or various other accessories that I specifically bought the docking station for. Any ideas on how to get around this? I know that it CAN work still - every time I switch it on, I have a brief couple of seconds of it working before the HP message kicks in. So can this be disabled?

I have just run the BIOS update but this has not solved my issues. I have HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0XX.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 6 0 0
Message 25 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: I accessed HP support directly via online chat. They were very helpful - accessed via remote and enabled the BIOS which was somehow disabled. Everything now works. Unfortunately they did warn that it could happen again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 26 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm going to buy Apple 29 W adapter. Is it working with Specter??? Has anyone tested?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 27 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Have you tested the Spectre with the 29W adapter?

Does it work?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 28 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not yet. Just waiting for the confirmation form HP support.

Why HP can not creat smaller adapter???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 29 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know, I've been impressed with the laptop, but not so much with the bulky charger.

I have also purchased an Anker USB-A to USB-C cable, and have tried charging the Spectre 13 G1 with an Anker power bank, this has not worked - doesn't seem to charge to laptop. However, in this case the power outage might be too low to charge?

I am going to try HP Support also when I get home. I have a feeling though, even if the Apple charger works, it might take a lot longer to charge the Spectre?

Let me know if you hear back!

Thanks

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation