Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pc-lover Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Laptop battery dying at 50%

Hp ac659tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

So about 2 weeks ago I bought a brand new hp ac659tx laptop. It operates under windows 10 and has an Intel core i7 processor. The problem is every time I use it and the battery reaches 50% or sometimes even 60% it immediately shuts down and I cannot turn it back on without pluging the charger in. When I do turn it back it sais it is only 3% charged!!

any ideas what I should do? Should I return it and have it checked cause as I said its new and shouldn't be doing this. Has anyone else had this problem? What can u do to fix this ?

thanks in advance to anyone who replies

1 REPLY
Intern Intern
Intern
33 1 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Laptop battery dying at 50%

Hi,

Please Run a Diagnostics test for the battery under component test.

Power button -> F2 (System Diagnostics) -> Component Test ->Battery

If the result passes, Please update BIOS from  below link by putting in the Product/Model number.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If issue still persists, please contact HP Support for further procedures.

Thanks,

Karthik

I am an HP employee.

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation