Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 17-x101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday bought a new laptop and even in the setup wizard straight out of the box the machine keeps dropping in to hybernate (atleast I assume thats what it is).

It does this while I am typing not just if it is not being used. I litrally get a few minutes between it going off. Picture turning it back on after each question in the setup wizard. That is how bad it is.

No error messages - despite being unusable it is perfectly happy with what its doing.

Tried to check for new drivers etc but it says there are none - not sure if thats true it did keep having to be woken up and relogged in to throughout that process.

Had its internet connection as both LAN and Wirless - both seem to work but it is no more likely to stay awake.

It has power and a fully charged battery so I dont think its that.

I haven't loaded anything on to it that it was not set up with in the factory.

Suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @EBRO35,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having an issue with your HP laptop won't stay awake. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you to resolve this concern,

I understand you are okay with this situation, although, to be on the safer side I recommend the below steps to permanently fix the issues.

First thing, disable hibernate mode: 

Run: CMD with Admin

a. Turn on Hibernate:

Type : powercfg -h on

b. Turn off Hibernate:

Type : powercfg -h off

Next thing, I would suggest here is toDisable hybrid sleep in Windows

Use the following steps to disable hybrid sleep:

1. In Windows, search for and open Power options.

2. Click Change plan settings for the power plan that is selected.

3. Click Change advanced power settings.

4. Do one of the following options to navigate to the hybrid sleep settings:

*  Clicking the plus sign (+) next to Sleep.

*  Clicking the plus sign (+) next to Allow hybrid sleep, then select Off from the drop-down menu, and then click OK.

I would also suggest you update the Bios and Chipset drivers, using this link.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document, click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi
I have done the power setting changes and the cdm command as administration but appears to have no effect. machine still will not stay awake for more than 4 miniutes at a time.

The link for chipsets is a 404 page as is support doc link 😕

Any other ideas?
HP Recommended

Hi @EBRO35,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2oFCaye

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.