cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Eeyore
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

New MO09 battery never gets 1o 100 percent.

HP Recommended
m6-1045dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently replaced my MO06 battery with an  MO09.  Ran fine, only issue was charge percent ran to 93 percent.  It then stopped moving and the battery continued charging forever.  Bios battery test shows battery passed,  Cells 1/2/3 at 4200 mv, cell 4 at 0 mv.  I assume/hope it does not have a cell 4.

I attempted to calibrate the battery as follows:

1) fully charged (as best  can tell)

2) Ran battery down till laptop did a memory save.

3) Recharged.  Percent now stuck at 57.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you!  

I see that you have replaced your battery with a different model, I do recommend only parts that are recommended for your HP Pavilion m6-1045dx Notebook. This could help. Here is a link to calibrate and test the Battery. 

Here is a link to troubleshoot the battery on a Notebook. You should be able to complete these with the Notebook plugged into the AC adapter.

Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Please let me know how this goes.

Slap the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos high five, just to say thanks for trying.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I include a link from an earlier thread where I was told the part I have is a recommended part.  I have no idea on who the different responders are and what their roles are, Perhaps you could have responded to my earlier post?  I can not afford to spend more money on the hope it might fix the issue.  Users should be able to get parts for supported laptops through HP.  Or at least consistent information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-671731-001-battery-...

I have already worked through your help pages to no avail

Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Eeyore,

The person in the reply above did tell you that it was risky. I do not post over Experts post. Cheaper not always better. Hp does recommend only HP parts for your system. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As I read his post Amazon parts were suspect.

Also, if you look at my original post I would love to buy an official hp part.  I called hp parts they no longer carry,  Called two numbers they gave,  First did not carry.  Second manufactured large scale hp printers only.  Said they were aware hp liked to give out their number.  I am not keen on tossing a working laptop because official parts are not available.

In any event, due to my rantings, this post has wandered off course.  If anyone can offer a solution, would appreciate a reply.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation