cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

New Windows 7 Installation & No Drivers

HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I very recently did a fresh install of Windows 7 on my HP Envy 15t ( http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy---15t%C2%A0laptop-t8g40av-1?jumpid=ba_r329_hhocse&aoid=44661&0... ) (All of my PC specs are the most basic ones available for that model), however I am now unable to acquire drivers for anything.  I have no Ethernet or Wireless driver, so I can't connect to the internet, and I have no USB drivers, so I can't plug in a USB drive to move driver setups to the Envy.

I am at a dead end I believe, because I cannot think of a reasonable way to get drivers into the new Windows 7 install.

>Envy connected to Ethernet, No Ethernet controller driver

>No Wireless controller driver

>USB drive connected to Envy, No USB drivers

The only peculiar thing is that my copy of my Windows 7 installation was booted from my USB drive. So, surely my computer recognized that there was a USB driver somewhere?

There were no other OS's installed on my laptop at the time of my Windows 7 installation.

Thank you for whatever help I can get.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,223 86,108 10,947 23,513
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is very new, designed for Windows 10. Please try the following LAN driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56899.exe

Hope you can get to internet to run Windows updates to get other drivers

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As previously stated, I have no way of getting the driver to the Envy.

>No Ethernet controller (meaning no internet connection by ethernet)

>No wireless controller

>No USB controller (meaning no moving a driver from the USB drive to the Envy)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien

Thank you for locating the driver I needed! I do believe I have figured out how to fix the problem now on my own, and will update the thread with my own solution as soon as I am confident it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, after several weeks trying to fix my own problem, I've given up on it. Will be moving my laptop back to Windows 10 and forgetting about Windows 7.

Could not find a working solution for my case.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation