cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TritonT3
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New battery not detected?

HP Mini 110-1034 NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Okay I have another issue,

I bought a new battery and it's not being detected? I have ran the HP Assistant battery diagnostic test multiple times with the same error...

Fully Charged (90)
Battery not detected

Any idea how to fix this issue so I can use laptop without the AC power adapter?

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
41,682 41,467 6,566 11,433
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Genuine HP battery or aftermarket "compatible"?

0 Kudos
TritonT3
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Huffer

It's a compatible aftermarket replacement. The original battery was dead. Do you have a solution?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No just the question. Hard to know how it would behave with a genuine HP battery. Theoretically it should not make a difference but you may want to contact the seller and explain your problem and see if they will send you another. The problem with batteries is there is no tricks or configuration techniques. It either works (is detected) or not and that is happening at a very basic hardware level that has nothing to do with Windows. You might try a hard reset (remove power, hold down start button 30 seconds, then restore power) but that is a Hail Mary pass at best; very unlikely to work. Also pull it out and reseat it and make sure all the contacts are clear, no dust or anything in there. It would not hurt to blow out the battery bay with compressed air. 

What was going on with the prior battery? I mean you say it was dead but was the system at least seeing it present like 0% not charging or was it also not detected at all? 

0 Kudos
TritonT3
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll try the "hail mary" option and hope that works. I hate that I may need to have the seller replace it. But as for my old battery, it would not charge. However it was being detected?
0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tha tells me the motherboard was not bad. There is a "smart chip" inside the battery and it must "handshake" with the motherboard of the laptop. Aftermarket batteries are hard to pass up and I admit buying them sometimes out of pure cheapness, but it is not possible to refute that they have a higher incidence of manufacturing errors. Usually, the sellers stand behind them, however. Odds are you have a bad battery there. 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation