Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (85 Views)

New hp laptop (1 week old) battery drains from 100% to 30% in 3 hours. 15 inches screen with battery

Product Name: hp laptop-OFJTARQ7
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1 week old laptop battery drains from 100% to 30% within about 3 hours. Battery save is on.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (52 Views)

Re: New hp laptop (1 week old) battery drains from 100% to 30% in 3 hours. 15 inches screen with ...

Hi @SeasonSWFL,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

To help you better, could you provide me with the Model number of the Notebook? Please remember not to post any personal information, such as serial number, phone number and email on public forums.

Please find the link to find the Product number of your Notebook, click here

In the meantime, please download the latest version of HPSA (HP Support Assistant) for your notebook from the following link: Click here

Once done, you can run the Battery health check for your notebook from this tool, and this will indicate if there is any hardware issue with the battery. In case the test results fail, you can contact support with the "Error code", so that they can help you in replacing the notebook battery.

For more details, please go through these documents: 

Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7) - Click here

Understanding Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology - Click here

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) - Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation